Often referred to as Elotes, this Mexican style corn-on-the-cob is one of the most popular street foods that can be recreated at home easily. This Mexican street corn recipe tastes divine as the charred flavor of the overall dish really brings out the best side of sweet corn. What makes this recipe so unique is its mixed burst of flavors – tangy, spicy, creamy – basically yum!
Here’s an easy way to prepare this recipe at home with an exciting set of ingredients:
- 4-5 yellow corn cobs (keep the husks aside)
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ cup of processed cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup of finely chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Pinch of rock salt
- Cover each corn cob with husks and tie it with a thin kitchen thread.
- Brush a little bit of olive oil on it and place the corn cobs on a heated grill pan or outdoor grill.
- Grill the cobs, turning it occasionally, until you see brown spots on it. Make sure you keep an eye on it to avoid a burnt taste.
- Meanwhile, take a large mixing bowl and add the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, coriander, lemon juice, lemon zest, red chili powder and salt. Whisk all the ingredients well and set it aside.
- Once the corn cobs appear slightly charred, take it off the grille and untie each of them.
- Using a silicone brush, apply the cream sauce very generously onto each corn cob.
- Top it up with some cheese a sprinkle a little bit of black pepper if you like.
- Serve it immediately along with some lemon wedges.
Tip: If you’re not a very big fan of eating off-the-cob, you can prepare this corn recipe by simply mixing the corn kernels with the cream sauce and serve it as a Mexican corn salad. This Mexican corn recipe is a perfect summer appetizer for an outdoor party. Find authentic Mexican flavors and ingredients at Heritage Fresh. Get guaranteed lowest prices and fast grocery delivery with WhatsApp shopping convenience. There is no mess-free way of enjoying this Mexican treat, so dig in and forget about spilling!