Sabudana Khichdi is a nutritious and delicious dish that is usually prepared during Hindu fasting days. It is also one of the most popular healthy breakfast or snack recipes to prepare at home. Itis gluten-free and packed with carbohydrates and proteins. Tossed together with peanuts and spices in a non-sticky way, here is a quick recipe for sabudana khichdi to easily recreate at home –
- 2 cups of sabudana
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1 cup of unsalted peanuts
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 finesly chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp cumin and red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Salt to taste
- Rinse sabudana with warm water.
- Soak it in clean water for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- While soaking it, make sure the level of water is only an inch over the sabudana.
- After 6-8 hours, drain the remaining water (if any) and set it aside.
Preparing the other ingredients
- Boil the potatoes and chop them into small cubes.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the unsalted peanuts till they turn slightly brown in colour. Roughly grind them to a coarse powder-like consistency.
- Mix the powdered peanuts, salt and sugar with the soaked sabudana and set it aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Once it starts crackling, add the curry leaves, chopped green chillis and grated ginger. Saute it for a minute and then add the boiled potatoes.
- Stir fry it for a minute or two and add the sabudana-peanut mixture.
- Add the red chilli powder, mix it well and keep stirring it occasionally. Allow it to cook on medium flame for 5-6 minutes till the sabudana turns slightly translucent.
- Turn off the flame and add lemon juice and drizzle freshly grated coconut.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot.
- If you are preparing this recipe for a fasting day, use rock salt instead of regular salt and do not add the red chilli powder.
You no longer need to hunt for all the necessary ingredients. Simply order it to your doorstep from the most popular grocery store in Hyderabad – Heritage Fresh. Order everything you need to prepare this delicious sabudana khichdi recipe at home using Heritage Fresh’s whatsapp grocery service and instant delivery.