The auspicious month of Ramzan is one of the most eagerly awaited times of the year for food lovers. A stroll down the street and you will find yourself surrounded by delectable Ramzan recipes packed with traditional flavors that have been passed down generations.
Most people break their fast with Dates. It is an energy boosting dry fruit that fuels up the body and is one of the most popularly enjoyed iftar indulgences. To stir things up a little bit, here are three appetizing Date recipes that can be easily recreated at home
- 6-7 big dates (deseeded)
- 8-10 roasted almonds (whole)
- 6-8 pistachios (roughly chopped)
- 3 tbsp of fresh cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Wash the dates thoroughly and leave them to dry.
- Make a clean slit in each date and stuff it with 1-2 almonds and close it.
- In a small bowl, whisk the fresh cream and powdered sugar together.
- On a flat platter, arrange the dates closely and pour the whisked cream on top.
- Allow it to sit for 5-7 minutes till the cream slowly settles in.
- Garnish it with chopped pistachios and lemon zest and serve it at room temperature.
Dates Almond Halwa
- 250gm seedless dates
- 1 cup of chopped almonds
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of ghee
- ½ cup of cashewnuts
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- In a large pan, add the dates and milk together and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer it for a few minutes till the mixture turns thick.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, shallow fry the almonds and cashewnuts in ghee and keep it aside.
- Once the milk-dates mixture has thickened, add the powdered sugar, green cardamom powder, fried cashews and almonds and allow it to cook until the mixture looks completely blended and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Now grease a setting tray with a teaspoon of ghee and spread the dates mixture evenly. Allow it to cool down and then refrigerate it for 5-6 hours.
- Once set and cool, cut it into small pieces and serve it warm or cold.
Banana Dates Milkshake
- 6-8 seedless dates (chopped)
- 1 banana (chopped)
- 1 ½ cup cold milk
- ½ cup of lukewarm milk
- ½ scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pinch of green cardamom powder
- Soak the chopped dates in a cup of lukewarm milk for an hour. Puree this mixture and set it aside.
- Now add this puree to cold milk with chopped banana pieces and sugar. Blend it well.
- To this, add vanilla ice cream and green cardamom powder. Blend it again until it turns thick and creamy.
- Garnish it with sliced almonds and chill it for an hour before serving.
Pro tip: You can use any kind of dates for these recipes, however, ensure that they are always deseeded, washed and dried before using.
Dates are known for restoring the blood sugar levels of the body after a long day of fasting. It is a nutritional powerhouse and among the most flavorful ways to break a fast. Try these easy at-home recipes and make Iftar a delicious affair. Find the best variety of Dates at Heritage Fresh, the best grocery shop in Hyderabad. Recreate these quick iftar recipes without the hassle of finding the right ingredients – Simply order everything you need and get it delivered to your doorstep with Heritage Fresh’s free and fast grocery delivery.