Make the most of this Independence Day by bringing home the diverse flavors of India onto a plate! The tricolor snack is both appealing and appetizing for kids and grown-ups alike.
- 3 slices of white sandwich bread
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp butter
For Orange layer –
- ½ cup of grated carrots
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- Pinch of salt
For White layer –
- 2 tbsp of grated cheese
- 2 tbsp of crumbled paneer
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
For Green layer –
- ¼ cup of grated cabbage
- ¼ cup of grated green capsicum
- ½ tsp of finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp green chutney
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the ingredients of each of the three-color layers in three separate bowls.
- Apply butter and a layer of mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
- Place the green layer ingredients on a slice of bread. Now place another slice of bread on that and place the ingredients that comprise the white layer on it. Then place another layer of bread on top of the white layer and put the ingredients of the orange layer onto it.
- There you have it, your first Tricolour sandwich is ready!
- Want to take it on the go? Pack it as a healthy tiffin snack. Rainy day at home? Relish it grilled along with potato chips.
Pro tip: Poke a toothpick in the center of the sandwich to hold all the ingredients intact.
This tiranga sandwich will certainly appeal your eyes and your taste-buds as well. Try this sandwich recipe and other tricolor snacks that are a tribute to the colours of our beautiful tricolor. Find your fresh supply of veggies, dairy products, bread and other everyday grocery supplies at Heritage Fresh, your favorite discount grocery store. Avail the best offers on top brands and get fast grocery delivery to your doorstep.