Whether you’re a foodie or not, the best part about recreating a recipe at home is that you can add your own touch to it without compromising on your preferred choice of ingredients. Here are 5 scrumptious recipes that will leave you licking your plate unapologetically clean –
- ½ cup urad dal
- 8-10 blanched almonds (cut into halves)
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic and ginger
- ½ cup of finely chopped onion and tomato
- ½ tsp turmeric, red chilli powder and garam masala
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp of ghee
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the urad dal for 6-7 hours.
- Take a pressure cooker and add the soaked urad dal, almonds, turmeric and one cup of water. Mix it well and allow it to cook for at least two whistles.
- Once you open the pressure cooker lid, add the warm milk to it and whisk this mixture to a smooth consistency.
- In a separate pan, heat the ghee and add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and onions and sauté it till the onion turns tender and slightly brown.
- To this mixture, add the tomatoes, salt, chilli powder and garam masala and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dal mixture to this and allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes till it comes to a boil.
- Serve it hot with a sprinkle of freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- ¼ cup of chopped cauliflower, French beans, capsicum and carrots
- ½ cup of green peas
- 3 tbsp of onion paste
- ½ tsp of ginger-garlic paste and green chilli paste
- ½ tsp of cumin seeds and garam masala
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 2 tbsp of fresh heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Heat some oil in a deep-dish pan and add the cumin seeds. Once it starts crackling, add the onion paste, cloves, ginger-garlic paste and chilli paste and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- To this, add the vegetables and half a cup of warm milk and water. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for 5-6 minutes.
- After this, add the rest of the milk, fresh cream, salt and garam masala and stir it well.
it hot with a sprinkle of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- 1 cup of roughly chopped spinach
- 1 cup of soaked rice
- 1 cup of moong dal (washed)
- 1 cup of chopped onion and tomatoes
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds and mustard seeds
- ½ tsp of turmeric, red chilli powder and coriander powder
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 tsp of chopped green chilli and ginger-garlic paste
- Salt as per taste
- Heat some oil in a pressure cooker and add the mustard and cumin seeds, green chilli, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves. Mix it well.
- Add the onion and tomatoes, salt, turmeric, coriander and red chilli powder and sauté it well.
- To this, add the soaked rice and dal with one cup of water and cook it for 1-2 minutes. After this, add the spinach and close the pressure cooker. Allow it to cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Serve it hot with a drizzle of ghee and coriander leaves.
Gajar ka Shorba
- 2 cups of finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 cup of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 3-4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds and red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the water to a boil and add the carrots and coriander leaves. Allow it to simmer for 5-6 minutes and blend this mixture.
- In a pan, heat the butter and add the bay leaves and cumin seeds. To this, add the onion, garlic and black pepper. Cook it till the onions become soft and tender.
- Add the blended carrot mixture, salt and red chilli powder to this and simmer it for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve it piping hot.
- 6 slices of white bread (cut into halves)
- 1 ½ cup full-fat milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cashews and almonds (sliced)
- 1 tbsp pistachio nuts
- 1 tsp powdered green cardamom
- A pinch of saffron
- Heat some oil in a pan and deep-fry the bread slices till they turn golden brown and set it aside.
- In the same hot oil, fry the pistachios, cashews and almonds. Set it aside.
- In a heavy-bottom pan, heat the milk and bring it to a boil. Keep stirring it continuously till the milk reduces to half.
- To this, add the sugar, green cardamom and saffron and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate flat dish, arrange the bread slices and pour the milk mixture over it evenly. Scatter the fried nuts on top.
- Allow it to chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and serve it cold.
Now preparing these appetizing recipes at home just got easier – Order all the ingredients you need using Heritage Fresh’s WhatsApp grocery shopping and free grocery delivery to your doorstep.