It’s no secret how much kids love finger foods and desserts. It is the easiest way to bring a smile on their faces. This Children’s Day on November 14, let’s get together with our kids and prepare some easy to cook fun recipes, perfect to spend some time with your kids, teach them a thing or two about cooking, and at the same make this day as memorable and special for them as it will be for you after seeing their happy faces.
Take a look at these amazing recipes for kids that can be prepared with the least amount of effort –
Cheesy Pizza Muffin
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of pizza/pasta sauce
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 whole egg (medium size)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped bell peppers
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- 1 sprig of chopped basil leaves
- Line muffin tray with cupcake liners and set it aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl and sift the flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Now one-by-one add the rest of the ingredients (except the cheese) into the bowl.
- Take a hand mixer and blend this mixer to a smooth batter. Add a little more olive oil, if needed.
- Now take a spoonful of batter and add it to each cupcake liner till it is ¾ full.
- Once the tray is ready, stick it into a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Take it out after 10 minutes, and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top and put it back in the oven for another 10-12 minutes.
- Stick a toothpick in the center of the muffin to check if it is coming out clean. The pizza muffins are now ready.
- Take the tray out of the oven, allow the muffins to cool down for 7-8 minutes and then serve with ketchup and chilli sauce.
- The best part about this pizza muffin recipe is that the muffins are super handy and the kids can easily carry them to school in their tiffin box!
Choco Chip Cake
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Combine cinnamon powder with two tablespoons of sugar. Mix it well and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix everything well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Now grease a cooking pan and pour one-third of the batter into it. Sprinkle a generous pinch of the cinnamon-sugar mix and pour another one-third quantity of the batter onto this.
- Again, sprinkle a generous pinch of cinnamon-sugar mix and pour the remaining batter on it.
- Allow it to bake for 25-30mins, or until the toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs on it.
- Don’t overbake, as the cake will end up being dry.
- This is one of the easiest cake recipes for kids as they will enjoy the preparation process too.
- The best way to eat this cake is slightly warm with a big scoop of chocolate or vanilla ice cream. Your kids are going to love it!
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, heat the milk until it starts bubbling.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, salt and cornstarch. Add it to the milk, a little at a time, till it dissolves completely.
- Keep stirring the mixture and allow it to boil until it thickens.
- Take it off the heat, add vanilla extract and butter and stir it into the mixture.
- Pour it into serving bowls and chill for an hour or two.
- The most exciting part about this recipe is that it can easily be transformed according to your taste.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder or cocoa powder if you like or crush some chocolate cookies into the pudding and serve it chilled.
If your kids enjoy little snacking treats, they are going to simply love these recipes. And as a mother, you no longer have to worry about going hunting for the necessary ingredients. Find the best quality of baking, dessert and snack essentials at Heritage Fresh, your favorite discount grocery store. Simply place an order using their WhatsApp shopping and avail for doorstep grocery delivery service. Happy Children’s Day to all the lovely kids!